Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday~January 31

This isn't a great picture but I think you can get the idea. I've got a lot going on! Besides the Yellow Challenge that I just finished, I've got my January UFO 3/4 of the way finished. So I'm still a little behind on that but it is an improvement  as it had been sitting in the closet for years as only an incomplete flimsy. Now it's backed and layered and I've begun the quilting.

On the wall are; the dark patches are my mindless sewing blocks. Their destination will be in a "Road to Oklahoma" Quilt. The pink wonky Churn Dashes are the blocks I've asked my fellow bee members from the Modern Stash Quilting Bee to make for me but I wanted to try the tute' before I asked them to do this block. Then there are the hearts...you know there is a shelf life on those. This week I need to make them into a table runner or a table topper. And lastly, you can barely see it on the right are the cutest BOM from Miss Shabby. I didn't let it bother me that I had not embroidered for at least ten years!

February won't be as busy as January but I'm already booked to finish a second UFO, a violet challenge quilt, another stitchery block, 2 blocks to send to my two different bees and then there will be more blocks to do for the Liberated challenge. 

How lucky that I'm retired!

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment