Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

MY SPACE







Not "My Space" the social website that competes with "Facebook" but "My" Space. Seeing this picture you may think you have stumbled upon a hunting website but you haven't. "Fred" shares my sewing room. (No offense to our personal, bluegrass playing Fred but Fred the elk was named before I met you).
Our house was originally built in 1926 on a dairy. It was the "milkers house." That is how they referred to it. The house is small with some rooms having higher ceilings than the others. My sewing room happens to have a high ceiling so Fred fits here. He is a benevolent presence but I find him to be a terrible dust collector. He certainly will not be my roomate when we build a new house.

Please notice I do call my space "the sewing room". I've tried to convince myself that as I am in there being creative that it is okay to call it a studio. Many people refer to their studio but it just doesn't work for my space Even when people ask "Do you sew" and my respose is "No, I quilt" I can't bring myself to say with a straight face "in my studio". So even tho' my DH brags to people that I am a "Master Quilter" I don't have a "studio".

I am lucky that my husband appreciates quilts and I love that in his eyes I am a Master Quilter. I do caution him that "Master Quilter" is a specific term and that it does not apply to me. I said I'm more of a "so so quilter". Of course I would be offended if he used that term to describe my abilities!
Back to My Space. I've included a few pix although they aren't positioned in the blog where I wanted them. I've not cleaned up....this is as it normally looks. My cutting table was built to the correct height for me and it has made a big difference in how I feel about cutting. No bending . Every surface in this room, the cutting table, the sewing table and the armoire could be less cluttered but what can I say? This is My Space and I'm comfortable.
I'll say goodbye for now. Have a terrific weekend. Take some time to quilt.
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment