Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flying Geese Quilt Top Finished!




At one point I was concerned that the burgandy and green were going to appear too "Christmasy". Now that it is on the wall I find the colors very rich. Again, the colors are much better in person...Maybe I should be taking some photography classes!

Tomorrow I will layer the quilt and then begin machine quilting. It will be easy at first. I am going to do crosshatching in line with the bottoms of the geese. I have machine quilted small quilts this way with the walking foot and while a little slow it does a good job of holding the layers together and adds a little texture. Then I am going to do free motion machine quilting in the dark green 6 inch borders. This will be new to me!I hope you like it!
Toni


No comments:

Post a Comment