Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

How Can it be July Already?

July! How did you get here so quickly? The year is half gone!

Here is what is on my design wall today. By the end of tomorrow I should have all the blocks sewn together.



I am not getting many projects completed. I LOVE choosing fabric and patterns and cutting and sewing blocks together. It is my form of art. And I get very excited by all my projects and always want to start more….More before the previous projects are completed. Whoops! There is a disconnect here. If you spend your time on starting new projects, when do you find time to complete all the flimsys that are in the closet?

I really intend to work on this vice.

Last quarter I committed, in front of many Flickr friends/members, that I was going to finish four, yes four, UFO’s.  I have not completed one. I did work on two of them. My excuse for not finishing at least those two? Procrastination. Putting off things I don’t want to do.

There was the Halloween quilt.


Called that as the backing fabric is a Halloween print and orange and purple and lime green just say Halloween to me. What don’t I want to do on this? I spent many hours machine quilting but then found that my tension was wrong for about one third of the quilt and I have lots of “eyelashing” on the back. I need to unsew and redo. It is the unsewing I don’t want to do.

And then there is the Rainbow Quilt.

 I was just going to quilt in the ditch but after seeing a great tutorial on doing Baptist Fans, marking with a template, I decided that was the way I wanted to quilt it. The problem here? I had already sandwiched and basted the quilt. This made marking the quilt with the template, very difficult. It’s partially marked, but not marked well. Now I’m undecided whether I want to struggle to mark the rest, or unmark and go back with my original plan.

So have I made progress? I guess I can say unequivocally, sorta!

In the next few days you will be seeing another post, with a new commitment for this next quarters UFO’s. I KNOW that two of them will be completed as they are baby quilts that MUST be finished.  Do I dare commit to a total of four again?
 
Enjoy!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment