Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Stash Report

Judy over at PatchworkTimes,http://www.patchworktimes.com, does a weekly stash report. I loved the idea so I did my own version. This was the first week:

WEEK of Aug 31

FABRIC ADDED THIS WEEK 0
FABRIC ADDED YTD 0
FABRIC USED THIS WEEK 0
ON THE WALL Sq in a Sq-Dark
PIECING Sq in a Sq-Dark
CUTTING Scraps
QUILTING None
MINI MADE None
UNFINISHED QUILTS (OTHER THAN FLIMSYS)
TBA
FLIMSYS TO QUILT
TBA

And while I think this would be very interesting, it was "TMI" and labor intensive. I'd rather spend the time on quilts.  I've simplified my tracking somewhat. Now I basically track fabric in and fabric out.  For fabric used I track when the quilt top was finished, name of quilt, size of quilt and amount of fabric used. Backing fabric is adjusted out when I've cut to size and/or pieced to size and folded with the quilt top for later quilting or, if not previously accounted for, I subtract when the quilt is basted.  This is my new plan. My fiscal year will be October 1 to September 30.  So far...I'm doing well! Meaning that at least I have used more than I've purchased.  Net result, as of today is I'm down 2 1/2 yards. Not much but at least the operative term is "down".   Happy Quilting! Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment