Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Red & Aqua Progress

For many months I have been planning on making an orange, aqua and gray quilt. I had some of each of the colors and planned on collecting a few more before actually beginning the quilt. But then....on Flickr there have been so many gorgeous red, aqua and white quilts that I decided to change my color scheme. It always seems like I have a lot of red scraps, and I had some old aqua, plus some newer so this meant I didn't have to collect any more fat quarters.

I did not have a particular pattern in mind but I have been attracted to crosses lately so I started out with that premise. I was going to make a cross quilt. I did 50 some odd squares, not enough for a complete quilt but at least I could get them on the design wall and get a feel for it. Guess what? I found it boring! Blah, yuck, yawn! How can red and aqua be boring? But it is. I then decided that if I turned them, making them "x's" rather than crosses and aligned them diagonally that I might like them better. I did but still not what I was looking for. So now I'm working on yellow "O" blocks. Quite frankly I would rather put this quilt in it's plastic storage box and store it in the closet. I don't think I am ever going to love it but after making a UFO list (partial! I was afraid what the whole list would look like) for the UFO challenge I decided I could not afford to put this one away.

I'll keep you it or not, my goal is to have the top done by the end of the month.

Enjoy the "nasty" weather. Perfect for quilting!

p.s. I would be sharing photo's but after being away from blogging for so long I have to retrain myself on how to insert them. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment