Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Design Wall Monday~Aug 1

Good Morning!  This is going to be a quick post. And y'all say "I've heard that before". This mornings design wall really is a "design wall" rather than just a place where my most recent PHD (projects half done) are.

The Violets are this months Block Lotto project. This is five of the nine I'm going to do. I've donated the last few months blocks but I might try my luck on this one. I say "I'm not really that into flowers" but these are speaking to me.

The pink and gray is my July Block for Sew, Mama, Sew's, new Modern Block of the Month.

The other block? Funny colors you say? I have to say this was a fluke and in person I really like it. Too bad I don't have more have that violet/purpley color. My DIL wants to do a baby quilt for a friend. We searched for ideas and I found a quilt that she liked. But we didn't have a pattern. I said I could do a pattern and come up with yardages for her. All by myself, no EQ7 in this house...yet! Anyway, I just pulled some scraps to make a sample block and check my calculations...I really wasn't worried about color and this is what came about.

The prairie points are the test ones I did first. Remember I mentioned ugly fabric? I've not finished my blue prairie points on Pineapple Blossom. I have about 12 inches to add. There was a learning curve for me. Not on making the prairie points but getting the corners correct and just doing the correct spacing to get the pp to fit. I've learned alot and still plan on having the Pineapple Blossom done by this next weekend.

Speaking of continuous Prairie Points. I was so impressed by this technique but something happened this week that made me realize; just 'cause it's new to me, it doesnt' mean its necessarily new. While looking for a quilt for my DIL I was going through some old magazines. Before the 'net, that was the best resource. And yes, I've kept many, well organized I might add, through the years. Anyway, I found this PP technique in a 'zine from 1997. I had dog eared the page planning on trying it someday. And finally I have! It is much easier to find things on the 'net tho'!

I hope everyone has a fun, productive week! I have to ask, where is this summer going?

Visit Judys for more Design Wall inspiration http://www.patchworktimes.com/

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment