Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Design Wall Monday~August 15

Can you believe it is August 15? Wow!

I missed blogging last week as I was at the beach. I love going to the beach!

I am NOT going to show a picture of Pineapple Blossom. I have this guilt thing going on as I've not finished it yet. I've reset the finish date at least twice. What is my problem? I'm not happy with my FMQ. I mean the quilt will be for my lounging pleasure and the machine quilting will do the proper job of keeping the quilt sandwich together and I am getting lots of practice but....it's not beautiful or even. I told my sis that at least I will be able to keep it and say "this was the first full size quilt I FMQ'd". Really, I do plan on finishing it this week. It's 2/3rds quilted...so just the last final third, which I estimate will take me about two hours, and then binding. Fortunately, I like the handwork of binding.

I should have a UFO going but this months number brought up a LARGE flannel one and I'm not tackling that in August...so I'd better choose another to get finished in these next two weeks! But I did piece a top just for fun. I wanted something fun, bright and quick. I think this quilt top was right on for all those categories.

Enjoy!  Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment