Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday~February 28

The end of February already! Can you believe it? What's on my design wall? It's a new version of the 16 patch quilt. Last week I posted about this 16 patch and I wasn't happy with my choices of fabric. I was making a Trudy Hughes quilt and although I liked hers, a little bit old fashioned but so were my scraps, I just couldn't find anything in my stash that seemed right for that quilt.  But then I thought "Hmmm, I don't have much time invested in the connector blocks, why not look for something else". And I did and found the perfect quilt on http://quiltville.blogspot.com/. I am much happier with this layout and fabric.  I should have it finished by the end of the week. I HAVE to 'cause I've got work to do on my March UFO!



I only have 8 more pinwheel blocks to sew and then I can really take advantage of the design wall. Yes, the pinwheels are oversize, I will square them all to the necessary 8 1/2 inches.

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment