Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Design Wall Monday~March 20

Good Morning!

Just touching base to let you know how my projects are going. And then, I will have to slow down for a few weeks.  I told my husband that I would start painting the interior of the house on the first day of Spring. Do you know what tomorrow is? The vernal equinox. So less sewing, more painting. (Yuck!)

This last week I finally got “Heat Lightning” quilted. And I’m sick about the stain on the bottom. There was residue oil/grease? leftover from when I had it serviced. I tired several products to remove it and it looked fine wet. When it dried I had this mess. I’ll have to work on it.


I also finished the number of blocks I’m doing for the Granny Square Quilt A long. Today, I will sew the rows together and add sashing.


These are my blocks for the second week of the Flickr New York Beauty QAL.



And these are only five of the eight blocks I have done for "The Swooning on a Hop Along" over on the Flickr Group. This is the Hopscotch pattern by Camille Roskelly. The same designer as the "Swoon" pattern everyone liked so well. I’m treating that as a block a day. Surprisingly easy blocks. Don’t you love the “Lilly” fabrics?  These are the ones I told you I won.  I will be adding in other fabrics from my scrap strip tote.

 Additionally, I pieced the back for the Rainbow quilt and plan on getting that machine quilted by this next weekend.


I also have hopes to finish one other UFO, already layered and partially quilted.  

I hope you have BIG plans for your quilting pleasure this week!

Enjoy!
Toni

1 comment:

  1. Gosh you're quilts are beautiful - you are so clever! The colours and shapes are fantastic. Lucky lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete