Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday~January 9

Just a short post. I'm in mourning over the loss of our sweet dog Huckleberry. We're adults. We've lost pets before, but most often you can see it coming. They're old or they have a disease. This was unexpected. A stroke Friday morning. He was 11 1/2 years old. To some that might seem very old, but dachshunds often live to be 15. He had always been healthy. I'm just thankful I was home when it happened.
I finally put my swap blocks together from the "Heat Lightning Swap". My personal goal is to get it quilted before month end. My machine is in the shop and they said "two weeks". My back up machine just doesn't cut it for machine quilting.

The other thing I'm part of is a QAL for Flying Geese.  


It's for three months. I struggled. What pattern to do? There are so many choices! I've decided to do three small ones and until yesterday I thought I had decided which three and what colors. Now I've found another one that I think I just "gotta" do. We will see which wins out. For my first one I am doing a "faux" flying geese. This is on the small design wall. See? It's really half square triangles? But they look like flying geese arranged like this.


I was inspired by this miniature. Mine will not be a minature but more like 24x36 or there abouts.


Visit Judys blog for more design wall inspirations. http://www.patchworktimes.com/

Be certain you hug your furkids every day. You don't know what is going to happen.

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment