Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Design Wall Monday~December 19

Just a couple of notes here….of course I’ve waited until the last minute to finish some of my sewn gifts so I shouldn't spend much time on the computer.
 
Last week I mentioned that I wasn’t feeling the love for my rainbow quilt but then seeing the picture of the few blocks on the wall I thought “it might be okay”. Well, now all the blocks are done and I DON”T like it, let alone love it. And it has to do with proportion and scale. Even tho’ we think we can enlarge any block, we have to realize it won’t necessarily have the same impact. That is the case with this simple quilt block. I liked the inspiration quilt as the blocks were smaller but the larger blocks just don't have the same impact.



Now my only question is; should I cut circles out of these blocks and do something like the following?
 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirbylou/3544549482/

Or should I just finish it and donate it? I’m sure someone will like it, and maybe even love it.

This is the first year that I’ve not been stressed over shopping . A few items on line, a few items home made, lots less money spent. As they say “Priceless”

I hope everyone is taking time to slow down and enjoy the holidays.
 
Visit Judys for more Design Wall Inspirations;


Love you all!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment