Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Design Wall Monday~September 26

Nothing new to share today. Only updates on two projects you've seen before. Last week I said I might add some yellow to the double hourglass blocks...and I still might but I doubt it. I've added a few darker shades, more turquoise than aqua, from my stash and I still have another six or so fabrics to use. I want the colors to retain a "beachy" feel.


And today I am machine quilting this quilt. I had intended to do a meander or other overall FMQ design but suddenly my tension is off on the back when I FMQ but is okay for straightline quilting. Sooo, decided to do "Organic Lines'. I did a swirl in the circles and then I'm doing organic lines in the other areas. I'm rather liking it. It does take alot of thread and although easy, it takes alot of time. My shoulder aches (an old horse riding accident) so I will have to remind myself to relax more.





Be sure and vist Judys site for other Design Wall Monday inspiration.http://www.patchworktimes.com/

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment