Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Design Wall Monday~September 19

I love Design Wall Mondays! It's the one thing that keeps me blogging. I usually have something to share. Geez! It is September 19 and I don't have any finishes for this month. I had better get busy. At least get my UFO done.

The following blocks are for an Hourglass QAL. Which hasn't actually even started yet. I decided to switch it up a bit and do double hourglasses. Spool blocks have been on my list of quilts to do and these remind me enough of spools (I know, I could enhance that more by choosing more "spool like" colors and placement) that I will be able to cross spools off my list. Also, I'm finding the colors a little predictable and redundant so I'm going to play with adding some yellow. Much like Sue has in this pretty quilt. http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2011/09/another-easy-one-100-quilt-for-kids.html 

The tutorial I used is http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/09/tutorial-double-hourglass-blocks-easy.html And it's wonderful. I'm doing a couple of things slightly different, like I found a place to mark, with tape, on my 45 degree triangle that is close enough to the template size that I don't have to use the cardboard templates, and I'm marking and pinning more than was suggested. Just me! My blocks, using a scant 1/4" seam allowance are squaring up perfectly at 7 1/4".



Now, today, will I be working on UFO's or this new, fun quilt top?

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment