Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Design Wall!

This is the first block of another scrap quilt. Two different blocks make up the design. I have all the sections sewn for this block, I just need to sew those sections into blocks. I will begin block two before I do that tho'! I want to get some of each up on the wall to see how the design develops. This pattern is from the Fons & Porter, Love of Quilting, Jan/Feb 2011 magazine. They call their version "China Girl" if you want to take a peek.

Secondly, I'm back to working on my 3D Bowties.


These had been on the wall and then taken off and now they are back on the wall again. I didn't enjoy sewing the blocks so decided I would quit making them when I had enough for a wall hanging. Once I got them on the wall I thought "those are just too cute...I'll make more and make a baby size quilt".  Well I started sewing more of the bowties yesterday and I'm back to "I don't enjoy these blocks". I've done ten more, not shown on the wall yet, which I will arrange on the wall today and then decide how many more I HAVE to make to make each diagonal row of color "work".

Now back to sewing!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment