Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Cookie Recipe

Good Morning!

No pretty pictures this morning but I wanted to share this recipe. I have had this recipe since 1989 when a co-worker brought them to a company potluck.  I think it is the nutmeg that makes them so special. I'm kind of a nut over nutmeg.  I even have a Hungarian Meatball Recipe that calls for some nutmeg! Mmm, that and ginger!  Anyway, I'm through drooling.  Here is the recipe.

NutMeg Logs with Frosting

Sift together:
3 cups flour
1t. nutmeg

Cream
1cup butter
3/4 cup sugar

Add to butter and sugar mixutre, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 teaspoons rum flavoring. Mix.

Now combine flour mix and butter mix.  Roll dough into 3" wide log, cut into 1/2" by 3" little logs.

Place on ungreased cookie sheet -Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Frosting~Mix together

3 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon rum flavoring

Blend in~
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, alternating with 2 tablespoons milk.

After frosting, but before the frosting hardens, rake with a fork and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Yummy!  I hope you find time for some holiday cooking!

Hugs! Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment