Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Last Day of 2012

Happy New Year!
I’ve not been here for a couple of weeks. Nothing new to report? Or just busy? Probably some of both.
I had said I wouldn’t start a new quilt and I haven’t, sorta. What does that mean? I’ve been wanting to do a Pineapple Quilt with my smallish reproduction scraps. I was inspired by this quilt on Craftsy.
http://www.craftsy.com/project/view/pineapple-quilt/28047
And here are my blocks so far.

I had made a small pleated pineapple table runner for my Sis before and I had also done some Christmas blocks using the pleated technique. This time I wanted to do a larger quilt, I decided against the pleated technique, and I investigated many different ways of doing pineapples. I have several books and of course there is the ‘net for more ideas. I finally, after playing with the different techniques, have settled on using the “Foldy Stuff” and I made a template for cutting the trapezoid angle. Sooo, trying to come up with the correct lengths for each row and precutting those lengths I have actually made five usable blocks. Well, usable except I haven’t settled on the final fabric for the corners. But that is not starting a new quilt is it?

I’ve been having some problems with my neck and shoulders requiring two trips to the chiro’. It is much better as I’ve gone from being able to cut/sew for only about twenty minutes at a time to an hour and a half. Wonder how long it will take to work up to four or more hours at a time?

I did not get my son’s quilt fixed. My problems are twofold. One, I’ve had a problem finding quality poly/cotton in a color that would work for the fading that has happened over the years. I’ve bought three different ones so far and finally am happy with the black, but not the yellow. I’ve tried using a cotton broadcloth but it just doesn’t have the same look or feel of the older fabric. I’m going to keep looking. Secondly, remember I made this quilt about 25 years ago, my ¼ inch seam is a lot different now. Imagine that! So my first sample is much bigger than the original.

We quilters are known for having too many quilt projects going at one time. So what do you have going on that you consider “current” not UFO’s. I’m listing mine here for me as much as for you.

Joels Quilt Repair

The Row A Long but that is only one row every two weeks

Block Lotto but that is only the first of the month, except that once again I like the Sneak Peek Blocks for January so I’m making thirty for me and nine for Block Lotto. Sophie always has such great ideas for blocks and color combo’s.

Scrappy Rows quilt. I’ve now gotten rows finished in blue, green, red, yellow, orange, purple. I think I’m going to do another row in teal/aqua and one in a combo of black and brown. Then I will see where I am size wise.

Christmas Poinsettia. In the next week or so I should be receiving my swap blocks for this.

Pineapple Quilt

And I actually want to finish a UFO this month.

Too much? Who knows?

Enjoy!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment