Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

ZUCCHINI SEASON!



 I'm already getting enough zucchini to use in some of my favorite recipes. Each year I look forward to the zucchini and trying new recipes. And each year I say "next year I'm only going to plant one hill" but they grow so well!

I don't remember where I got this recipe. I'm pretty sure it was one of the bigger sites like AllRecipes or Cooks.com.  Sorry I can't give appropriate credit.

Zucchini Cobbler


Ingredients

  • 5-6 cups zucchini - peeled, seeded, and chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups butter, chilled
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1.                    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2.                    Place zucchini and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer 1 minute longer, remove from heat, and set aside.
3.                    In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir 1/2 cup crumb mixture into zucchini mixture. Press half the remaining crumb mixture into the prepared pan. Spread zucchini evenly over crust. Crumble remaining crumb mixture over zucchini, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
4.                    Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.

ENJOY!
Toni 

No comments:

Post a Comment