Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Design Wall Monday~June 24

Boy are we having some unusual weather! And I'm not talking just about Oregon.

I'm so excited! I ordered my first whole roll of cotton batting! And with the special promo from JoAnn's Fabric, I'm only paying .21 in shipping!  I will have to use it up quickly as I really don't have a good place to store all that batting.

On my design wall is a picnic quilt. I saw this posting and thought "I need to make one of my own".
http://ididntsaybanana.blogspot.com/2013/06/potluck.htm  I had baggies and baggies of 3 1/2" squares and I was more than willing to use them up.

I told myself from the beginning that I was not going to plan, other than where the white needed to be. Obviously. I was just going to sew pairs and then sew those pairs and so on. And did this bother me?  Not so much in the beginning. Being" blind" to repeats of color became more and more difficult for me to ignore. But I stuck with the "no plan, plan.". Now that I'm at the end and sewing all the rows together, the top should be finished today, I have to admit it is still difficult! I keep reminding myself," it is a picnic quilt, it is a picnic quilt". So when you see pockets of pink, or groups of green, or heaven forbid, even the same fabric twice in the same quadrant of the quilt, be kind. Know that it bugs me too!



But, once it has been quilted and washed, I'm sure I will be just fine with it!

Don't forget to visit Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork times.
Enjoy!
Toni

2 comments:

  1. I love the "pockets of pink," etc.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, and it is random, although I have as hard as time as you not "rearranging".

    ReplyDelete