Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday~April 18

Good Sunny Morning!  I even had to adjust my curtains to allow me to see the monitor screen this morning. I'm not complaining! We need sunshine and warm weather to allow the hay to grow to feed the horses. Not to ignore the fact that sunshine puts everyone in a good mood!

This morning my design wall is more like WIP, work in progess.  I put two quilt tops together this weekend with one still on the wall. AND, the fun part is, I've shopped from my stash and I don't have anything that is just right for the Orange Crazy Nine Patch. And, co-indidentally, I have to take Mom, in Portland, about 45 minutes from me, to a Doctors appointment today sooooo, I will be stopping at Fabric Depot to do a little shopping.  Love that store!  My goal is to stay under $30.00 and that includes a quilt batt.  Thank goodness for 50% off coupons!



So here is the Crazy Nine Patch made with swapped blocks with the Flickr group "Blockwork Orange". What a clever name, huh? I want to give kudo's to Chelsea that organized and managed this huge swap. And it didn't drive her nuts! She is thinking about doing it again!  Or maybe that is nuts! The pattern is from the website below.

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2010/02/ninepatch-lattice-quilt.html

And just to show you the other top I completed:



I am much more into getting busy to finish these NEW tops, rather than the older UFO's I've been struggling over.  Maybe these could work as in incentive.

Visit more Design Wall postings over at Judys site!

http://www.patchworktimes.com/2011/04/18/design-wall-monday-april-18-2011

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment