Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday~February 20

I was in bed this morning with my husbands arm wrapped around me and my mind was awhirl. I had so many things I wanted to say in my blog this morning. But my blog would be too long if I covered all of them. So I picked one topic

Time. Where does it go? Dad always said “the older you get the faster it goes”. I thought “Ha! I don’t think summer vacation will ever get here”. Then when I was laid off two years ago, I begged answers from non working friends, “what do you do with all your time?” And after one year of collecting employment benefits and now almost one year of being officially retired, I can say finding things to fill my time is not an issue!

I guess there really is a time for everything. I had tried not working when I was 30, four months later I begged for my job back….my husband worked, my child had school, I had had a job I loved, I was bored at home, so back to work. Then when I was 57 I once again left a job I had loved (until new management!) and again was bored. I lasted six months not working.

Now, having not worked for almost two years, I can honestly say I am not bored. I am more than stimulated and inspired by all the quilting activities available on the Internet. You might want to read Rachels blog on the subject of “too much inspirations”: http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2012/02/too-much-inspiration.html

 You are probably tired of Swoon but those of us who have swooned are still in love.




 I did change the way I was joining the blocks after I did QAYG…because I had not planned for sashing. The original block had sashing. I just ignored it but then I thought “matching all those points?” “matching all those lines on my diagonal machine quilting?” Ha! I  need some space to fool the eye into thinking everything is wonderful. Here is the website for this version

http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2012/02/quilt-along-7-connected-quilted-pieces.html

You can either watch the video or just follow the written/pictured steps. It is wonderful! I have all the verticals attached. Well, the front machine sewn part. Now on to the back and the hand sewn part.

And I’m playing with this block for my Flying Geese quilt along. I want to do a two color quilt but I always end up adding more color. I’m sure even this one will end up with a bright border.




 Don’t forget Judys Design Wall: http://www.patchworktimes.com/

Enjoy!

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment