Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday~February 13

Hello! You are not going to get much from me this morning. It’s a softly raining day, the woodstove is feeling good and I’m still feeling a little drowsy. Normally I get up anywhere between 5:00 and 6:30. Last night I stayed up until 1:00 and so managed to sleep in until 6:40! Wow! And although I’m not “tired” I am thinking I should snuggle on the loveseat with a book…..and the four little dogs.

This morning I will just show you pictures.





 I am doing my Swoon blocks as a QAYG and I’m using this technique. http://sewtakeahike.typepad.com/sewtakeahike/2010/04/quilt-as-you-go-quiltalong-part-three.html. I looked at many different ways to do this but tho’ this has more hand sewing (thank goodness I LIKE hand sewing) it is the one that will achieve the look I want. My goal is to do one block a day. I like hand sewing so much I am even doing basting the old fashioned way…with needle and thread. No pins or spray this time!

With Valentines Day just around the corner, who could resist this little wall hanging? Today I will do the binding.


 My sis’ was really hoping I was making it for her! Maybe next year Joanne! If you want to try paper piecing on a small project, but big pieces, try this mini/wall hanging that Kelly was nice enough to share with us.     http://www.kelbysews.blogspot.com/search/label/love%20letters
 
Be sure and visit other “Designers” over at Judys http://www.patchworktimes.com/

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment