Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday~July 18

Short and sweet this week.


This is the progress I've made on the Block Lotto Pineapple Blossom Quilt. You can see the top rows are sewn together and the bottom ones aren't yet. I WILL have it finished this month. The power of positive thinking! I'll finish the top today. Now I've decided that it would be fun to add prairie points on top of a border. I want to use this technique:

http://sewtakeahike.typepad.com/sewtakeahike/2011/01/super-easy-continuous-prairie-points-a-tutorial.html

Using all one color. I'm thinking a darker marbled blue, with white border. This means I want/need to buy two yards of blue. I am going to Portland tomorrow so I will get that then. AND I might get 4 more quarter yard cuts of some violet or violet blue for the August Block Lotto. Sophia has given us an idea of our fabric requirements but we don't yet know what the block will be. Okay, I will check my stash first. Maybe I don't need to BUY some purpley/violet.

When I quilt this I'm going to use an "alternative" QAYG technique. Always fun, and scary, to try something new. I'll share that website after I've actually used the technique.

For more Design Wall fun, visit:
http://www.patchworktimes.com/2011/07/18/design-wall-july-18-2011/

Enjoy!
Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment